It's very hard to find anything pretty to go in a vase just now. It's probably the most challenging time of the year and makes me wish I'd dried some things!
Following Cathy's lead I made a tiny vase for In a Vase on Monday.
It's not a great picture. In the centre is a Pieris flower. There are a few Heuchera leaves, Pittosporum and Abelia twigs.
Just right for a bedside table.
We had new neighbours for a few weeks but sadly they've eaten the grass and moved on.
Shame, I miss them now.
We've had lots of bright, chilly days so I've been able to get on with weeding and winter jobs.
We've also moved our inherited greenhouse from a fairly shady spot to here.
It'll probably be too hot now!
There are a satisfying number of compost heaps behind, mostly full. Moving the greenhouse has meant we can hide a huge pile of stuff where it was, and make good use of a sunny area by a fence for planting dahlias and climbers.
We love a project!