|Rose 'Rhapsody in Blue'|
So my workout for the weekend was to empty a compost bin.
I decided it was time to empty the black bin I mentioned back in July and I'm happy to say there was not an ant in sight. So I did the right thing just to wait until they moved on.
I dug out a bucket to see what it was like:
I had a go at riddling some of it but it was quite wet so I collected it up in five sacks and stacked them just inside the greenhouse door where there is a little bit of space.
It will dry out a little there and I may have a go at riddling the rest of it or, as crops come out of the vegetable garden, I may just layer it on the surface and allow the worms and weather to work it into the beds.
I have one of the wooden bins to empty too but I'll save that for another day.